Here is a step-by-step guide on getting to Chinatown from Changi Airport:
- From the Arrival Hall, walk to the Changi Airport Station. Just follow the well-placed signs and you won’t miss it.
- Purchase your ticket at a machine at the station.
- You have the choice of buying a single journey ticket or an EZ Link Card, which you can top up and use for all your train rides in Singapore (isn’t that convenient?).
A single journey ticket is 1.78 SGD. The minimum top-up for an EZ Link Card is 10 SGD. Therefore, it can save you some time if you plan on completing multiple MRT journeys while in the city.
- Board that train on the Green East-West Line, the one that goes to Tanah Merah Station.
- After two stops, get off at Tanah Merah Station.
- Board the train on the East West Green Line – the one that goes to Tuas Link Station.
- After 12 stops, get off at Outram Park Station.
- Walk less than 600 meters and you will reach Chinatown Heritage Center.
Take note that Outram Park Station is not the only station close to the Chinatown.
There is a Chinatown Station on the North-East MRT Line that you can also go to. If you are coming from Little India, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Raffles Place or Marina South Pier, the Chinatown Station is where you need to go to in order to reach Chinatown.
One of the charming historic buildings in Chinatown, Singapore.
Chinatown offers free Wi-Fi
If you don’t mind walking, MRT Stations like Clarke Quay, Tanjong Pagar and Raffles Place are also within walking distance as well.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to get from Changi Airport to Chinatown in Singapore. Have any questions or comments? Feel free to post below.