Via Limousine Taxi
Do you desire comfort and driving in style; and are willing to pay more for it? Then, taking the Airport Limousine Taxi is your best option. Here’s how to get one:
- Go to the Limousine Taxi Desk on the first floor of the Arrival Terminal at Phuket Airport.
- Buy your ticket and make your way to the main exit doors of the Terminal.
- Look for the silver-grey cars, which should be just across the doors.
Renting a Car
If you don’t mind driving on Phuket Island, then renting a car is probably your best bet. Phuket’s landscape is scenic, and driving your own car gives you the freedom to explore it.
You will also avoid bargaining with taxi or tuk tuk drivers, some of whom are good at ripping off tourists.
Of course, there’s the option of renting a motorcycle later on, but driving cars is much safer. To rent a car, here are the steps:
1.Go into the Arrivals Hall of Phuket Airport and look for the car rental counters.
2. Choose one from among the reputable international car hiring companies like Avis, Alamo, National, and Hertz.
3. As an alternative, you can also make your way outside Phuket Airport, and look for local car companies. Some of them are just as good as the international ones but have cheaper rates. There are also ones that provide cars with driver services.
Take note that you need to have your passport and international driver’s license to be allowed to rent cars from these companies. Make sure you rent from a company that offers a full comprehensive insurance.