Be prepared to change trains at toyama station
– Hokuriku Shinkansen is the bullet train line that directly connects Tokyo to Kanazawa.
– This is the fastest train service to Kanazawa (highly recommended to save you time).
4. Purchase your ticket if you don’t have the JR Pass. If you have a JR Pass, you don’t need to pay an additional fee.
Depending on the time you are leaving, you can either take the Shinkansen Hakutaka or the Shinkansen Tsurugi.
– Hakutaka and Tsurugi are two of the four types of trains that run through the Hokuriku Shinkansen network.
Ticket Price: 2,810 Yen – Unreserved Seat (price is subject to change)
Travel Time: approximately 23 minutes
5. Arrive at JR Kanazawa Station.