It’s hard to be impressed with Dubai Marina. This affluent neighborhood has some of the most stunning buildings in Dubai. In fact, the skyline here can rival the best the world has to offer.
You may freely visit Dubai Marina at any time during the day, but it is during the evenings when this place will take your breath away!
The Dubai Marina is one of the top attractions in Dubai that you can visit for FREE! So don’t waste the opportunity to see it on your visit to this city. The Marina also makes an excellent alternative if you don’t want to book a hotel in Downtown Dubai.
After all, the neighborhood is home to some the highest rated hotels in the city like the Ritz Carlton. The views from your room promise to be nothing short of spectacular.
Some of the things that you can do while here:
1. Have a romantic dinner at one of the hundred restaurants in the area.
2. Shop at the Dubai Marina Mall.
3. Visit JBR (Jumeirah Beach Resort) one of the most popular neighborhoods in Dubai.
4. Make your way to Palm Jumeirah, the famous artificial islands of Dubai.
5. Stroll through the Dubai Marina Walk
Another activity that we definitely recommend is to do the Dubai Marina Cruise!
Check out this short feature video of the cruise:
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get to Dubai Marina Walk using Public Transport.
1. Go to the nearest Dubai Metro Station.
2. Find the Red Line, which serves the DAMAC Properties Metro Station (formerly Dubai Marina Station).
If you’re coming from Downtown areas like Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall or World Trade Center, take the train that goes to Jafza/Limitless Station. DAMAC Properties Station is within the Zone 2 of the Red Line.
3. Get off DAMAC Properties Metro Station, on Sheikh Zayed Road.
4. Walk towards the JLT exit (southeast direction)
5. Walk over the pedestrian overpass and then turn right onto Al Emreef Street. Turn slight left, towards
the Dubai Marina Tram Station.
6. From the Dubai Marina Tram Station, you have a choice of turning right towards the Dubai Marina Walk or straight towards the Dubai Marina Mall.
Dubai Metro Operation Times:
Saturday to Thursday – 6: 00 am to 11:00 pm
Friday – 2 pm to midnight
During Ramadan, the train runs until midnight
If you want to explore the whole Dubai Marina neighborhood and check out its main attractions, you can make use of the Dubai Tram Service.
The Dubai Tram runs on a loop and stops at places like the Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Lakes Towers and Palm Jumeirah. This entire loop takes about 40 minutes to complete.
Take note that the trams come and go every 6-8 minutes.
Where Did We Stay in Dubai?
Dubai has a variety of hotels to choose from, depending on the neighborhood you would prefer to stay in. During our visit here, we wanted to balance our budget so we can stay in a comfortable room but still have money to check out the main attractions Dubai has to offer.
So we opted to stay at Ibis One Central, whose room rate and facilities matched perfectly with our needs. Here is our detailed review of Ibis One Central Hotel
Top Rated Hotels in Dubai Based on Verified Guest Reviews
|Star/Budget Range||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 1||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 2|
|Agoda.com (Dubai)||Booking.com (Dubai)|
|5 stars/Luxury||Burj Al Arab Jumeirah – 9.3/10||Residence & Spa, Dubai at One&Only Royal Mirage – 9.3/10|
|4stars/Comfort||Al Khoory Atrium – 8.9/10||Vida Downtown Dubai – 8.8/10|
|3 stars/Mid Range||Rove Downtown Dubai – 9.0/10||Rove City Center – 9.3/10|
|2 star/ Budget||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10|
|1 star/ Strict Budget||Sima Hotel – 7.0/10||Florida Hotel – 6.9/10|
|Compare all room prices in Dubai using www.agoda.com||Compare all room prices in Dubai using booking.com|