The Dubai Mall is not just any other regular mall – it’s one the world’s largest in terms of total area. The mall complex area measures more than 13 million square feet, that’s over 50 football fields!
Aside from having more than 1200 shops, it’s also home to massive attractions like the indoor theme park SEGA Republic and the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
Right outside Dubai Mall stand the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain: the main stage for a spectacular light show held every night.
Visited by millions, the Dubai Mall is one of the key places in Downtown Dubai, a neighborhood that’s reportedly cost about 20 billion USD to build.
There is little wonder why the Dubai Mall is the most popular mall in Dubai and the UAE.
Here are the steps on how to get to the Dubai Mall by Train:
1. Go to the nearest Dubai Metro Station. Dubai Metro is the rapid transit rail network in Dubai. This train network is the fastest and most convenient transport to reach Dubai’s key attractions.
2. Take the train on the Red Line. The Red Line services the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Station.
3. Get off Burj Khalifa Station/Dubai Mall Station.
4. From the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Station, you have a choice of getting on a feeder bus or walk to the mall area. If you decide to walk to the mall, you can take the Metro Link Bridge.
The Metro Link Bridge
The Metro Link Bridge is a covered walking tunnel, equipped with travellator machines.
This bridge is fully ventilated to make walking more comfortable. It is also especially designed with huge windows so that pedestrians can view Dubai’s sleek downtown while walking.
The Metro Link Bridge has the same operating hours as Dubai Mall:
Sunday to Wednesday – 10 am to 11 pm
Thursday to Saturday – 10 am to 12 am
It is also important to take note of the hours of the operation for the Metro. The operation time for Dubai Metro on Fridays is shorter.
Hours of operation for Dubai Metro:
Saturday to Thursday 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, Friday 2:00 pm to midnight.
During Ramadan (Holy Month) Saturday to Thursday – 6:00 am to midnight, Friday – 2:00 to midnight.
Getting to the Dubai Mall By Bus
- Choose from the two buses that go directly to the Dubai Mall. The first one is Route 27, which picks up passengers from the Deira Gold Souk Bus Station. The second one is Route 29, which goes from Ghubaiba bus station.
- Get off the tourist drop-off area, situated in the front of the Grand Drive Entrance. The Entrance is on the lower ground floor of the Dubai Mall.
Take note that the buses arrive at the bus stations every 15 minutes approximately.
Getting to the Dubai Mall By Taxi
Taxi services are relatively affordable in Dubai compared to other major developed cities like Paris and London.
Drivers always go by the meter. If you encounter a driver who refuses to use the meter, just get out and hail a new one.
Take note that the traffic jams are common in Dubai. So ideally, you should take a taxi if you’re traveling outside peak hours or if you’re just about 5 kilometers from the Dubai Mall.
Starting fee for regular taxis is 3 AED (Daytime 6:00 am to 10 pm). It is 3.50 (Nighttime 10 pm to 6 am).
Starting fee for pre-booked taxis is more – 6 AED (Day) and 7 AED (Night)
Meter fare for distance is 1.6 AED/kilometer. Waiting fare is 0.5 AED/kilometer. Toll charges are around 4 AED.
Top Rated Hotels in Dubai Based on Verified Guest Reviews
|Star/Budget Range||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 1||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 2|
|Agoda.com (Dubai)||Booking.com (Dubai)|
|5 stars/Luxury||Burj Al Arab Jumeirah – 9.3/10||Residence & Spa, Dubai at One&Only Royal Mirage – 9.3/10|
|4stars/Comfort||Al Khoory Atrium – 8.9/10||Vida Downtown Dubai – 8.8/10|
|3 stars/Mid Range||Rove Downtown Dubai – 9.0/10||Rove City Center – 9.3/10|
|2 star/ Budget||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10|
|1 star/ Strict Budget||Sima Hotel – 7.0/10||Florida Hotel – 6.9/10|
|Compare all room prices in Dubai using www.agoda.com||Compare all room prices in Dubai using booking.com|